Saturday, December 05, 2020

S o Quick to Criticize


« You know, we are living in a world in which everyone is so quick to criticize, so quick to say : No that's no good or Is that no good, you know, everyone does it, I mean, if I tell an idea to my wife right away she says : Well I don't know, and you know, who needs to have criticism, I would rather... whether I'm right or wrong isn't important to me, what's important is that I enjoy to follow an idea all the way through and very often if you're permitted to follow your idea all the way through, you find that it is right, you know, you find that your instinct is usually good — and so… I think entertainment and movies and art had been too much like sports where there’s a winner and a loser, I think the press really hide the wishes they were sports writers or art-sports writers, you know, and they look at things always from this point of view of who won who lost : art is not like that, everyone wins with art, you know, because you do something that has life, you can enjoy it, that’s all, that's all that matters it's not that one is better or has a higher… That’s what they do now with the grocers of the movies : they publish the money that each movie makes as the way it was the score of the olympics, you know, it’s become a game… »

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home